The Farmington Volunteer Fire Department was organized in 1951 to provide common ground for the interests of the volunteer fire fighters and to have a means for putting those interests forward to the public and state agencies. We are solely a volunteer fire company and currently have 42 members and 33 Lady Auxiliary members.
Since being built at its current location in 1961, our fire department has undergone 3 renovations in order to meet the growing needs of our community. Our latest expansion has provided us with a total of 7 engine bays, an updated kitchen, bar and a beautiful banquet hall.
By promoting training, information exchange, and mutual aid among our neighboring departments, we believe that not only has the safety of the firefighters improved, but also the quality of protection provided to the communities we serve. As with all fire companies, we encourage and welcome new members to join our fire service.